to submit an application to transfer to mount st. mary’s university, simply complete the transfer student online application
accompanied by the following:
- official high school transcript (waived for those out of high school for 10 or more years).
- official college transcript from all colleges and universities that you have attended.
- at least one recommendation from a professor who taught you an academic course during the last two academic years.
you may be asked to submit a mid-semester grade report during the decision process. to be accepted as a transfer student you must:
- be in good academic and administrative standing at your former or present institution.
- have a 2.5 gpa or better in college courses.
p/f policy for spring and summer 2020
for spring 2020 and summer 2020, mount st. mary’s university will evaluate and accept credits from high schools, colleges, and universities by following the policies that those institutions have established in relation to the covid19 outbreak and the shift to remote learning. for example, msmu will accept credits with the grade of “p” if the “sending” college or university has a p/f policy related to the shift to remote learning in spring 2020 and summer 2020. this revised policy applies to courses that typically would be transferred to msmu (for-credit, non-remedial courses). msmu with accept high school transcripts that do not have gpas terms in spring 2020 due to covid19 related policies.